I've seen this too and it looks like a bug in the code I contributed.
Please try the attached jde.el (gzipped) and let me know if it fixes the
problem.

I also fixed two other problems:
- the `jde-log-msg' function uses `save-match-data'; this is a behind the
scenes function and it should not disturb the match data
- `read-file-name' in `jde-save-project' uses default-directory as the
default filename.  Previously if saving a new project from a java source
file, accepting the default (pressing enter) to the "Save in directory:"
prompt would return the java file name rather than its directory.

/Nick

jde.el.gz