Hi all,

I am trying to write an Emacs command that will show help for a class field
or method. To do this, I need to get Internet Explorer to browse to the
specific place in the document for the class member. The API docs have
named anchors for each class member. You can create links to anchor points
in an HTML document by appending the anchor to the file name, e.g.,

c:/java/jdk1.3.1/docs/api/java/lang/String.html#hashCode()"

I was expecting to use the feature for my help command. However, Internet
Explorer appears to ignore the anchor portion of the path when the path is
passed to it from Emacs.

Is there a programmatic way to get IE to browse to an anchor port? I'd hate
to resort to a kluge like generating an HTML doc on the fly that would
require the user to click on a link to get to the anchor point or to have
to create my own browser in Java.

- Paul