----- Forwarded by Jason STELL/Contractors/GlobalOne on 01/11/02 08:07 AM
-----

                    Pete Siemsen

                    <siemsen@ucar.       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    edu>                 cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     problem with jde-ant

                    siemsen@proteu

                    s.ucar.edu

                    01/10/02 07:22

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to siemsen

I am trying to use Ant 1.4.1 from JDE 2.2.9beta7 in XEmacs 21.4.5
under Red Hat Linux 7.2.  I set "jde-build-function" to
"jde-ant-build".  When I executed "jde-build" my compilation buffer
had

cd /home/siemsen/
 -Dant.home=/usr/local/ant -buildfile "/home/siemsen/build.xml" -emacs

Qbviously the "ant" command is missing from the front of the second
line.  After much playing around, I reluctantly looked at the
jde-ant.el (Version 1.3) file.  I say "reluctantly" because I have
little Lisp experience.

It seems to me that in "jde-build-ant-command", the command won't get
built correctly when "jde-ant-invocation-method" is set to the default
value of "Script".  I hacked line 231 to hard-code "ant " before
"-Dant.home=", and jde-build works now.

This "solution" is clearly not the right fix.  What is?

-- Pete