Slightly related to this, I have been using JDE for years running
Ant as a normal M-x compile command line and finally dug into the
options to start using the "proper" way, except that now I find
my C-x` only moves to the first error in the jikes +E output listing;
a second C-x` takes me to the middle of build.xml and tells me there
are no more errors.  Did I misconfigure something?

this whole process of prj.el files is wonderful; I don't know how
I managed so long without it!  I'd been keeping a buffer open in the
root of the project source and changing to that buffer to run every
compile (or switch to the *compilation*).

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> TeleDynamics Communications Inc
What happens on Groundhog Day?   http://www.teledyn.com/fun/GroundhogDay