"Max Rydahl Andersen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > Start your java application with a -classic option to disable HotSpot -
> then
> > > it runs smooth!
> >
> > What JVM are you running under?
>
> java -version
> java version "1.3.1_02"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_02-b02)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_02-b02, mixed mode)

<snip/>

> I also read at some point which I can't find again (nice proof, eh! :) that
> the JDK in 1.3 will ignore the -Djava.compiler=NONE instruction and still
> use HotSpot.

Oh... that is good!  :(

You know... I was just going over some code...

The -classic option did seem to speed things up.  Of course this is totally
anecdotal..

> > > A while ago I posted some fixes/suggestions for changes in JDE to ensure
> that > > debugged applications started from JDE ran in classic mode, but I do
> not know > > if these changes have made it into the codebase yet....
> >
> > Do you have this documented anywhere?  What was the subject line?
>
> Here is some trace of it.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/jde@sunsite.dk/msg02979.html
>
> Maybe it has been fixed - can't remember it.
>
> But this still holds:
> > > But the solution is to just start your java app externally from e.g. Ant
> or a
> > > simple commandline and then just attach to the JVM from JDebug.
<snip/>

Yes... doing that anyway... from Ant.

Kevin

- --
Kevin A. Burton ( [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
        Jabber - [EMAIL PROTECTED],  Web - http://relativity.yi.org/

They must have programmed it to get rid of the competition!

You mean like Microsoft?

Exactly!  -- Simpsons