Daniel Hegyi writes:
 > > > I think that a user-friendly install-shield-like GUI wizard for the
 > >Windows
 > > > folks would be very nice. You know, with check-boxes and "Next" buttons.
 > >:)
 > >Heh, feel free to create such one. I am the one who hates GUI wizards.
 > >If I would love them you can be sure I would prefer to use JBuilder like
 > >whole company where I work, instead of emacs+JDEE.
 >
 > My personal opinion is that Emacs should become a little more user-friendly,
 > otherwise IDEs like JBuilder and WebSphere Studio Enterprise Developer WILL
 > take over, and Emacs will become a notepad on steroids. I don't know about
 > you, but I have a tough time remembering just a few function names, not to
 > mention the several hundred that JDEE/Emacs offer. GUI isn't such a bad
 > thing.

All the key JDEE commands are listed on the JDEE menu, together with
their key bindings. All the settings are in customization buffers that
function like dialog boxes. So I don't know what you're talking about.
If you're memorizing and typing in commands, I've wasted my time
creating the JDEE, my aim being to provide the equivalent of an IDE in
Emacs, including GUI features like menus and dialog boxes. If there is
a command that you use frequently that is not on a menu, please let me
know. You should be able to use the JDEE without ever having to enter
a command. Most of the 100s of functions to which you refer are part
of the implementations of a relatively small set of commands with key
and menu bindings. You cannot and should not be invoking most of the
JDEE functions directly.

- Paul