[This response is off topic, but it is hoped that it is useful to
someone.]

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 12:02:25PM -0800, Andrew Hyatt spake thus:
> For
> example, what's with the C-c C-v keybindings?  This is only one key
> off from the C-x C-c binding which exits emacs.  Not good.

I agree with the point Andrew is making, but I have stumbled into
C-x C-c plenty of times not because it is close to C-c C-v, but because
I am a clumsy typist.

A work-around for this key sequence exiting out of emacs is to keep a
shell buffer open all the time (M-x shell); if a shell buffer is open
with a shell subprocess, when I accidentally type C-x C-c, emacs gives
the following prompt in the minibuffer (before closing any buffers):

    Active processes exist; kill them and exit anyway? (yes or no)

I just type no and continue on as before.

-Al

--
Alan D. Salewski, Programmer
Charles Jones, LLC