Mandar Amdekar writes:
 > I'm using GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of
 > 2002-03-19 on buffy with JDEE 2.3.2.
 >
 > I recently changes my CLASSPATH environment variable
 > to include
 > "c:\lib\classes12.zip;c:\lib\pg73b3jdbc3.jar", and

The problem is caused by your use of backslashes in
the CLASSPATH variable.

Both Java and Emacs treat backslashes as escape
characters. This conflicts with Windows use of them
as path separators. The JDEE has a lot of code for
handling this problem wherever it crops up (by
substituting forward slashes for backslashes). The
current JDEE misses the case where you use the CLASSPATH
to specify your classpath instead of jde-global-classpath.
The next version fixes the problem. Meanwhile, the
workaround is simple: use forward slashes. In fact,
if you intend to use Emacs, get into the habit of always
using forward slashes in paths. That way you'll always
avoid this problem.

Also in the future, file a complete problem report,
using the JDE->Help->Submit Problem Report command,
when asking for help.

- Paul