Weston M. Price writes:
 > Hello,
 >      I am new to JDE and a fairly new user with Emacs as well. I have downloaded
 > and installed the JDE environment with no problems. However, I am trying to
 > use the autocomple (code complete) functionality and I am not sure if what I
 > am getting is right.
 >      I have the jde-complete-function variable set to jde-complete-menu (as per
 > instructions on the JDE web site), however when I attempt to use the code
 > complete functionaility I do not get a pop-up menu with method signatures and
 > parameters. What happens is that the complete option shows up in the command
 > buffer. I am assuming that this would be correct for the jde-complete-minubuf
 > option but not for the choice I have selected.
 >      If I am wrong about this I apologize. However, if I am not seeing what I
 > should be based upon my selection I would appreciate any help on setting this
 > up properly.

Sounds like you're executing C-c C-v . (bound by default to jde-complete-in-line)
instead of C-c C-v C-. (bound by default to jde-complete, which calls the function
specified by jde-complete-function). Note that C-c C-v . is typed by holding down
the Control key and typing c and v, then releasing the Control key and typing
. (period), while C-c C-v C-. is typed by holding down the Control key and typing
c, v, and . (period).

- Paul