I have bound C-c m to the imenu command.  My idea was that I do C-c m
on a method and then jump to the definition of this method.

But, with JDEE installed, and thus Semantic installed, I instead need
to do:

    C-c m               invoke imenu
    c RET               invoke "Classes"
    TAB RET             select the only item, "class.Foo"
    m RET               invoke "Methods"
    .foo TAB RET        select the foo method

I'm glad that I have partial-completion-mode turned on, for otherwise
that last line wouldn't have worked.  I'm also glad that method
return types usually don't contain periods in my code, for in that
case my method would have failed, too.

However, I like the Speedbar display with the submenus.

Can I have the cake (better M-x imenu RET interface) and eat it, too
(keep the Semanticized Speedbar display)?

Like I said, when point is on a construct such as "foo()" or
"x.bar()", then IWBNI M-x imenu RET selected foo (or bar) as the
default method to jump to, so that just hitting RET goes there.