While answering a question about classpaths,
At 10:51 AM 4/3/2004 +0200, Petter Måhlén wrote:

What you should do is something like this:

1. M-x customize-variable RET jde-global-classpath RET
2. Add the directories/jars that you want, one in each list entry (note that
if you add a directory, JDE will pick up any jars in that directory
automatically)

Is there a way to exclude a particular jar when JDE does this? In our project, we have a jars directory that contains all of the jars we use. Our build script also creates a jar here with all the classes from our project. I'd like to exclude that jar for several reasons.

1. Some of the classes in it might be out of date if I've compiled a file in JDE without rerunning out build script.
2. If the beanshell is running and the project jar is in it's classpath, our build script fails because it's unable to delete the jar file, since it's in use. This results in me repeatedly exiting and restarting the beanshell.

If this can't be done, I'll try to modify the appropriate function to add it as an option.

Troy

---------------------------------------- Troy Daniels [EMAIL PROTECTED] 781-273-3388 x218