On Friday, April 6, 2001, at 11:59 AM, Thomas Parslow (PatRat) wrote:

Wouldn't that make it invalid XML?

If I can remember the terminology, it's well-formed XML but not valid since those tags aren't defined in the DTD. But no one is going to run a validating XML parser in a Jabber implementation, so I don't think it'll be noticed...

Sounds like I'll need to be able to parse <b> and <i> but now that I see the stylesheet stuff farther down in the document (so that's what that skinny widget on the right side of the browser window is for!) I'll probably end up sending style data that way for better validity.

—Jens