Hi Peter
 Now I am using jabber-1.4.1 with xdb_mysql module..
 So I have commented xdb_file in configuration file and add mysql.
After I commented <mod_auth_plain> on jabber.xml..
still  non-encrypted form of passwd is showing at the time of running the
jabber
 with Debuging mode(./jabberd -h -D local server).

  So can you please advice me regarding this..?

 Thanx
 dillip

> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 16:29:31 -0600
> From: "Peter Saint-Andre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [JDEV] Re: password encription
>
> Where are you seeing the password in a non-encrypted state? In the
> user's xml file within the spool directory, or in the XML stream that
> gets passed between the user and the server?

> sign up for the JADMIN list -- the archives of that list contain a
> discussion of the question you have raised, but I'm not sure of the
> exact dates of that discussion.
>
> Peter
>
> > Hi Peter
> >
> > I am going thru your both conditions  for Encrypted passwd..
> > but still I am getting passwd visible in a plain text once/twice.
> > and it shows passwd of friendliests user's also..
> valuable
> > solution  to handle it..
> >
> > So, Please advice me, How will I manage fully encrypted passwd..?
> >
> > Thanx & regards
> > Dillip
> >
> > > Message: 2
> > > Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:03:47 -0600
> > > From: Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Subject: Re: [JDEV] password encription
> > >
> > > I'm sure there has been discussion of this on the JADMIN list (visit
> > > http://mailman.jabber.org/listinfo/jadmin/ to sign up), which is
> > > dedicated to issues of this kind (as opposed to the JDEV list, which
is
> > > for software development questions). However, it's good to know that
the
> > > order of modules in the <load main="jsm"> section of jabber.xml is
> > > important, since it determines the order in which various modules are
> > > called. So in order to make sure that plaintext passwords are not an
> > > option, you could simply comment out the following line in the <load
> > > main="jsm"> section:
> > >
> > > <mod_auth_plain>./jsm/jsm.so</mod_auth_plain>
> > >
> > > Alternatively, you could change the order of modules so that
> > > mod_auth_plain comes after <mod_auth_digest> and/or <mod_auth_0k/>, in
> > > which case plaintext passwords would still be possible (you might want
> > > to do this in order to support telnet access, server test scripts, or
> > > whatever).
> > >
> > > Peter
> > >
> > > --
> > > Peter Saint-Andre
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> plain

> > > --__--__--
> > >
> > > Message: 3
> > > From: Max Metral <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Subject: RE: [JDEV] Server feature request
> > > Date:  Fri, 11 May 2001 09:24:06 -0700
> > >
> > > This might make it a bit annoying to write automated scripts...
Unless
> we
> > > have some way of finding out what state the server is in?

They
> > have
> by
> > > pth