On Monday, September 24, 2001, at 07:25 PM, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> If I gave a Jabber client to an inexperienced Jabber user and it said
> enter a description of where you are connecting from, they would enter
> "Home" or "Laptop" or something and then they would never have to worry
> about it again.

That's what my client does. It describes the resource name in about one
sentence and gives "Home", "PowerBook" and "Naomi's Office" as typical
examples. Most people testing it manage to figure this out pretty well.

Also, once people are actually using the client and see the resource
names next to their buddies' names, they get the point and sometimes
clean up their own resource name if they put in something awkward
originally.

--Jens