Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> The xmlns 'jabber:client' refers to the stream, not just any old element
> (e.g., your <iq/> element) within the stream, thus the error. All streams
> must be identified as jabber:client, jabber:component, or jabber:server.
> Now, granted this is perhaps not well documented, but it's not a bug in
> the server.

I understand your logic here about tbe necessity to differenciate
stream types, but the use of a default namespace declaration for
this is IMHO a bad choice. Why not use a real attribute ? Namespace
declarations are very different from attributes when you consider the
XML data model. That's why I found it incorrect, and at least
disturbing.
Any parser namespace-compliant parser will tell you that my two previous
example made no difference with respect to the QNames of elements. But
looking quickly at libxode, it doesn't seem to really support
namespaces.

> Here's a copy of the DTD:
> http://www.saint-andre.com/jabber/dtds/streams.dtd.txt

 You know that DTD are not able to cope with namespaces, so it is not
really a valid point. You should try to write XML Schemas for jabber
to get rid of this kind of ambiguity.

 Regards,

        Fabrice

--
Fabrice Desré - France Telecom R&D/DMI/GRI
Tel: +(33) 2 96 05 31 43