Hey there!

I've been reading the documentation found at jabber.org, however, starting
to write your own transport or module is obviously harder than it should
be.
There should be a manual on this that explains how to build your own
transport and / or module.
I don't even know the difference between mod_echo and, say, irc
transport. Are they both transports or is mod_echo a module? And if so,
can I write my own modules that are not included under jsm/modules?
Too many names are used for the same thing? Agent, Transport, Module,
Component? What is what?

I have a lot of unanswered questions in my head and none of the documents
seem help me.
Even though there are many documents, they are either for people
installing already existing stuff or focus on instant messaging only where
as I would like to use Jabber for more than just sending one-liners to
AIM, SMS, ICQ, etc.

If someone has any good suggestions on SPECIFIC documents that will aid me
in my quest to create a
Transport/Agent/Module/Component/whatever-the-heck-it's-supposed-to-be,
appreciate it! Also, if someone could straighten out the terminology, that
would be good.

/P