> Since 1.2, the servers have used the standard SRV dns record type to
> resolve domains into the actual servers that handle jabber.  An example
> of such a record for bind for domain.org would look like:
> _jabber._tcp    IN SRV  30 30 5269 servera.domain.org.

> The RFC that describes SRV is:
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2052.html

> The implementation of dialback is based on this document:
> http://docs.jabber.org/draft-proto/html/dialback.html

> The SRV lookups are implemented in the "dnsrv" component in the 1.4
> server, and dialback is in the "dialback" component.

> Jer

I had a SRV record on my domain pointing to my Jabber server but S2S
only worked with a few other servers (like Jabber.org). I thought that
was because it was new and not supported by most servers yet, but I
assume most servers are 1.2+. Could it have been a set up issue and
what possibly could it have been?

Also, are MX records still supported?

Thomas Parslow (PatRat) ICQ #:26359483
Rat Software
http://www.rat-software.com/
Please leave quoted text in place when replying