> The reason for this is that SRV lookups are _very hard_ from most languages.
> For some operating systems, you would need to either do the DNS queries
> yourself by hand, or port libresolv. I don't believe that Java supports SRV
> lookups without JNDI, and I don't think either visual basic 6 or the
> libraries on .Net support it at all.

> -David Waite

Hopefully this will change though...

At the moment in my client I'm allowing the user to enter a different
server to connect to from the one in their JID but at some point I'm
going to try and implement SRV records at some time...

Is there any reason for S2S using a different port to C2S? Would it be
possible for a server to accept client connections on it's S2S port?

Thomas Parslow (PatRat) ICQ #:26359483
Rat Software
http://www.rat-software.com/
Please leave quoted text in place when replying