check the global.xdb file in  your WCS directory within the spool directory.
Any presence subscriptions w/ WCS are recorded here in the following form ..

<xdb>
  <asked xmlns="wcs:public:presence" xdbns="wcs:public:presence">
    <a jid="user_A_jid" />
    <a jid="user_B_jid" />
  </asked>
</xdb>

this is the likely target for any subscription automation you might want to
do.

If there's nothing here you should look at your WCS config -  be sure your
WCS directory name coincides with the configured subdomain name. There are a
few WCS config examples floating around ,
if you search jabber.org a/o google you'll find them.

Also, if you're intended to implement this in a production environment you
should probably try to contact Jer - WCS is his baby and he'll have a good
idea of it's current state and reliability.

HTH