I tried jabber.py version 0.3-1, and i encountered a problem of encoding:

I tried to send a message from Gabber to a jabber client that process
jabber messages via jabber.py methods.(your example test_client.py for
instance).

When the body-text of the message contains any character with an accent,
those characters are replaced by a "?".
(i also simply tried to display the data with utf-8 or iso-8859-1
encoding, but it changed nothing, so i suspect this is more problably a
replacement than a bad display of those data...)

Do you have any idea of where this problem of encoding could come from?
I don't think it's a Gabber problem, but i didn't find yet the origin of
the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help,
--
Zoé Drey