On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:00:34 +0100 (CET)
Zoe Drey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, i found a little part of the origin:
>
> the encoding that is chosen by default to encode the data,
> is site.encoding: when it gives "ascii",data.encode("ascii") replaces
the> "unwanted" characters in data, as those with accent...

it's a known problem, try to search japperpy.sourceforge.net mailing
list archives for more details (there's a thread from 12.2001 concerning
this issue)

> so why shouldn't be the variable ENCODING in xmlstream in "utf-8"
> instead of site.encoding?...

it doesn't work this way, don't ask my why :) to switch to utf-8, edit
your site.py and change the line that says "encoding = 'ascii'" to
"encoding = 'UTF-8'"

hope that helps,
Igor