Hey Lolly & Vandana,

Lolly : I had looked into your file, it is okey !! Follow the below steps :

The core Jabber server should now be  installed  on  your system. The next
step is to configure the server so that you can run it. The configuration
happens in a file named jabber.xml.

i. Open jabber.xml in your favorite text editor and do the following:
ii. In the line reading
            <host><jabberd:cmdline
flag="h">localhost</jabberd:cmdline></host>

Change 'localhost' to the name of your host machine(IP ADDRESS).
  Comment out the line that reads
  <update><jabberd:cmdline flag="h">localhost</jabberd:cmdline></update>
   Now , to fire up the Jabber server:
Type ./jabberd/jabberd -h yourhostname & To run the server in debug mode,
type ./jabberd/jabberd -D -h yourhostname  & To monitor server activity,
type tail -f error.log
The Jabber server should now be running on your machine. You can now connect
 the server using your favorite Enzyme

Good Luck !!

Tx n Rgds

r-a-v-i