Hey

> after this i gave make command and foll is displayed
> BASH: make: command not found

 check weather make is in class path or not ?
 and ocne again i am asking u go the directory u've
 installed thru cygwin command prompt and not thru
 dos command prompt.
 once ur done edit ur jabber.xml file and replace
 localhost with ur domainname not with IP address
 it dosent work ...
 After that when u r running Jabber sever and it cant
 locate the direcroty of jabber then create a soft
 link to Jabber directory from where u are trying to
 start the jabber server( dosent happen if u
 run ./jabberd XXX from installed dorectory)
 "soft link command :- ln -s destination source "
 Best Regds
 Satish Reddy