The IP address of a user is not shared throughout the system; Jabber
clients speak over one socket to one server, so the IP address is not
needed for normal operation. The server implementations out there do not
pass the IP address around since it is not useful to the components
within - the easiest way to get an IP is going to be having the client
send it.

Also, just from curiousity - how do you plan to go through firewalls?
That IP may wind up being pretty useless - you might want to instead
have the clients connect the game to a common game server.

-David Waite