I am building an application that I want to use Jabber
with. My application needs to send customized messages
to clients running on workstations around the network.
I was thinking that the messages would be packaged as
IQ requests. If a client is not presently online, I
would like the message to be stored offline until the
client comes back online.

I was looking through the code for mod_filter to try
to understand the filtering functionality. I have two
general questions:

1. Why does mod_filter not consider IQ packets for
offline storage? Why should they be treated
differently from message packets?

2. Is there another way that I can achieve this
functionality without modifying the Jabber server code
to achieve it?

Thanks,

Michael