Just to add to what Nick said.  I posted the other day I think on jadmin
about someone trying to put jabberd in production on win32.  Here again
I'll summarize my statements in one sentence:  I won't support it.
There are way too many known issues to even think about trying to find
ways to fix obscure problems that could creep up on a production
system.  I'm not against trying, but I think the efforts would be
largely fruitless.

--temas