From: "Joe Breeden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 11:32 AM
Subject: RE: [JDEV] xdb_sql

> I have been working on a version of xdb written in Perl that connects to
PostgreSQL (of course any DBD capable DB should be supported with minor
adjustments) and it should be a trivial matter to add support for the
iq:private namespace (as a matter of fact the internal project I am doing
this for will probably require it which means that I will add the support.)
I have requested a project on JabberStudio.org for what I have now - most
everything xdb_sql does except iq:filer, vcard-temp, and some of iq:roster.
This is alpha code, but it should work ok. I have used it in my sandbox for
about a week and will probably put on the in-house development server so I
can start the fork that has our internal changes implemented.

> I have done the iq:filter namespace because our internal requirements do
not call for it and I thought I would wait until I was finished with the
project to add support. The vcard-temp namespace will be supported, but it
will be a little later on. I haven't supported the iq:roster just yet
because I'm not real fond of the way xdb_sql implemented it and I want to
make some changes to make it easier to understand (for me at least) and to
allow jids to be in more than one group.