Ulrich Staudinger wrote:

i assume they just need to be reachable for the server to which a
component is connected to. The server then does the routing of packages
directed to the component. *not sure about this*
This should work only when clients and components are attached to the same server (I've tried with success). But if I want to make a component reachable from other servers I think I need to have component.jabberserver as alias for the host. It wouldn't be neccessary if I could use jids such as component@jabberserver also for components, but I haven't figured out wehther it is possible or not.

--
Fabio Forno - PhD Student
Politecnico di Torino - Dip. Automatica ed Informatica