On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Fabio Forno wrote:

> As far as I can understand components names must be in the form
> "mycomponent.myjabberserver" forcing me to have a qualified domain name
> in order reach them from other servers. Is it true or am I missing
> something?

No. The component names are used internally by jabber. You do not have
to set up DNS for them.  I think DNS entries might be required if
someone from another server wants to use a component on your server.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/