Sending XML Payloads with your messages is perfectly legal.  Just put it
under the root message node like so.

<message to='' from='' type='mycustommessage|chat|whatever'>
information.</body>
        <subject>bridge</subject>
        <mydata xmlns="my:custom:namespace">
                <bridgexml>
                        more data
                </bridgexml>
        </mydata>
</message>

If you implement your own namespaces you aren't constrained by the
jabber:x:x namespace specs (although jabber:x:oob is pretty open-ended).
Also, it is not allowed to use a "jabber:mynamespace" namespace that
isn't in the spec.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
JD Conley
Winfessor, Inc
www.winfessor.com
"Life would be so much easier if we could just see the source code."