sön 2003-03-23 klockan 04.47 skrev Justin Georgeson:
> Are there any scriptable command line jabber clients? Something where I
> can specify a sequence of messages to send and what to expect in
> response to each. (I want to put in a cron job to connect as a client
> and verify certain services are up)

Hi!

I hacked up a little example for Loudmouth (a client library) a while
back. It does the sending for you but you'll have to hack it to retrieve
messages:

http://people.codefactory.se/~micke/loudmouth/

If you look at the lm-send.c example:
http://people.codefactory.se/~micke/loudmouth/examples/lm-send.html
it does the sending, taking some code from lm-blog.c shoudl give you
what you want.
http://people.codefactory.se/~micke/loudmouth/examples/lm-blog.html

You probably want to use lm_connection_send_with_reply () and in the
callback to that check that the replied message was what you expected.

Let me know if you want help.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/