I gmane.network.jabber.devel, skrev Justin Karneges:
>  It only tells you about the components each server has, and nothing about
>  userbase, availability, throughput, etc, of said server.  Nor does it give
>  any details about who is running the server or even a way to reach the admin,
We could develop a script to get this information, that shouldn't be
hard.

Why is userbase important?
Availablity is very important.

>  When people are first introduced to Jabber, I think they either pick
>  jabber.org or a server with the coolest sounding name, and then they are
>  disappointed with the selected server's reliability, speed, etc and end up
>  switching servers soon after.  The JSF website needs to stop giving bad
>  recommendations so these problems never happen in the first place.  In my
>  opinion, we need much stronger requirements for getting listed on the "Public
>  Servers" page.

Yes, and the top XX list should be published in a way so the
Jabber-client coders can retrieve it, so first-time-registration can
give a good default server if the user doesn't enter a particular
server.

--
./Jesper Krogh, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]