Some users and admins have benn experiencing connection problems with the Yahoo transport. I have traced the problem to Yahoo, and it seems that upon initial connection, Yahoo is not responding. The problem is random, and I haven't been able to predict when it will occur. This causes problems for user's sessions, as they are left running and connected. Below is a small patch for the yahoo-phandler.c to help with this problem.

I am currently working on an update to the transport, but in the mean time, the below code will reset the user's session when the problem occurs. The symptoms are obvious: the transport sends an error packet to the client approximately 30 seconds after the initial attempt to connect to Yahoo. The below code will not change the behavior of the transport EXCEPT when Yahoo does not respond within the 30 second timeout.

Starting on line 97 of yahoo-phandler.c (version 2.2.0 of the transport) the new code should be:

   if (i >= yi->timeout) {
      if (yd)
         yahoo_close(yd);
      jutil_error(jp->x, TERROR_INTERNAL);
      yahoo_deliver(NULL,jp->x);
      return;
   }

Please make the changes to the source code, compile, and restart the transport. I'll be updating more soon.

Regards,
Paul