On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 06:28:24PM -0700, Wes Morgan wrote:

> Can components request persistent storage for arbitrary data from jabberd2? If
> not, is this something that's seen as a possible future feature? Also if not,
> is everyone currently doing this by just opening a connection to a DB backend
> from the component? Thanks.

I believe the philosophy in jabberd2 is to handle the data yourself.

This was deliberately changed from the jabberd1.4 philosophy where the main server
stored all the data and the components didn't have to store anything.

So I guess the answer is, people mostly currently do it using the old xdb mechanism
since "most" components are still based on jabberd 1.4.  There is an xdb_sql addon
which people have used to provide for SQL storage of the stuff that was normally in
spool files.

And of the rest, I'm seeing many who just store a few spool files, or connect
directly to Mysql.

TX

--
'Every sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic' - Arthur C
Clarke

      Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Web site: http://xaoza.net/trejkaz/
  Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]