I wish I had more to say... but all I can think of is: sounds good.

I think it would be a very very good idea to have *one person* be responsible for the client requirements for a particular year. A "Client Compliance Master 2005" or something... and eventually we could have a "Server Compliance Master 2006". That person has final say on what the requirements are, and has final say on whether particular things are or are not compliant. Perhaps we could vote for who this person is or make it a requirement to vote on their decisions or something, but for something as subjective as this I think it just makes more sense to have a final say, rather than leaving it all up to some kind of ambiguous discussion.

Also, I think initially we should try to get this running for clients, and then expand into servers, gateways, components...

Julian