Hey folks,

I'm new to the list but am a long-time fan of Jabber. I wanted to drop a
note about a company that I've started which makes an IM add-on product
called IMVU. We provide 3D avatars in a companion window to existing IM
clients. Right now, we work with all of the major closed-source clients, as
well as a few of the multi-protocol clients like Meca and Jabber Messenger.
(win32 only right now, but we hope to do OSX and linux too).

We're big free software advoctaes. Our 3d animation is done by cal3d, a free
software skeletal animation system. Most of our app is written in python. We
contribute to numerous open source projects, and have started a few of our
own. We even donate some of our profits to groups like the FSF.

But, I'm very sad to report, we don't yet support any open-source IM client.
I wanted to mention that here because I'd really like to support as many
Jabber clients as possible. Adding integration is very easy - for Jabber
Messenger it was < 50 lines of python. If anyone's interested, please feel
free to drop me a line; I'd be happy to help make it happen.

And of course, I'd love to your feedback about IMVU if you have a few
minutes to try it.

Thanks!

Eric
[EMAIL PROTECTED]