I'm not that up to speed with the Perl Jabber libraries, so please
excuse me if I'm wrong here.  When I got around to implementing a
transport is going to be in python, because I'm familiar with that.

I was going to make one client connection per-resource.  So basically
if you login twice, you proxy twice too.  Wouldn't that get rid of the
"Handling of the Resource portion of the JID is at times crufty"
comment?

Also why not move to data forms to address "Certain clients silently
drop some of the tags requested for registration.".  That way you can
make your own fields, and things will just-work(tm).

--
- Norman Rasmussen
 - Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]