On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Norman Rasmussen wrote:

I'm not that up to speed with the Perl Jabber libraries, so please
excuse me if I'm wrong here.  When I got around to implementing a
transport is going to be in python, because I'm familiar with that.

I was going to make one client connection per-resource.  So basically
if you login twice, you proxy twice too.

The way that I've handled it is to use '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' as the key for looking up stored credentials. Although changing it to use '[EMAIL PROTECTED]/resource' as the key, that approach would mean that the user would have to resupply credentials if they connect using a different resource value (perhaps this means different client, perhaps it means a different instance of the same client).

Peter Saint-Andre can probably comment which is the intended approach for JEP-100.

Wouldn't that get rid of the
"Handling of the Resource portion of the JID is at times crufty"
comment?

The cruftyness comment is because I don't bother to copy the resource value from the requesting client to the proxied [EMAIL PROTECTED] Eg, if you start talking to the gateway as '[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Gabber', the proxied connection is '[EMAIL PROTECTED]/gateway.processid.timevalue' .

Also why not move to data forms to address "Certain clients silently
drop some of the tags requested for registration.".  That way you can
make your own fields, and things will just-work(tm).

I'm not sure I follow you.  I'm passing from the component to the user:

        <iq from='componentname' to='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/resource' type='result'>
           <query xmlns='jabber:iq:register'>
                <instructions>
                        All of the requested fields must be filled in.
                </instructions>
                <username/>
                <password/>
                <domain/>
                <server/>
                <port/>
           </query>
        </iq>

With Gabber, I see a window that asks for:

        Domain:
        Password:
        Server:
        Port:
        Username:

With PSI 0.9.3, I see a window that asks for

        Password:
        Username:

Debug on PSI shows that the packet is received as quoted above, so its a bug in PSI.

However, if I register with Gabber, I can still use the gateway with PSI.

--
  Bruce Campbell

  Up to version 1.6 now.