As I understand it, the way dial-back works, you can make multiple
's2s' connections via a single dial-back session.  IIRC, you just send
the dial-back auth token down the existing connection and it adds the
new server as a valid endpoint.

With swapping to certs (and I assume SASL external?) does that mean
one connection for every s2s connection - i.e. no piggybacking?  I
doubt that any arbitary hostname is allowed to be authorised, so I
assume it would just be the id-on-xmppAddr's in the subjectAltName
field?

If all id-on-xmppAddr's are authorised, implementors need to be
careful that hostname poisoning is not allowed.  i.e. check that the
dns entry matches the same ip/port of the existing connection, before
checking the id-on-xmppAddr's on the already establised connection.

--
- Norman Rasmussen
 - Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]