On Tue, 23 May 2006, Norman Rasmussen wrote:

On May 23, 2006, at 2:09 PM, Daniel Dura wrote:
> Unfortunately, that doesn't fit our use case. We are using XMPP as
> the communications layer for our application and want people to be
> able to login to their GTalk account and see their GTalk contacts

On 5/23/06, Daniel Henninger wrote:
For what it's worth, I've been interested in a "Jabber Transport" of
sorts as well.  I have a bazillion Jabber accounts at this point and

There's a Perl XMPP transport [1] written by Bruce Campbell while we
were waiting for Google to enable s2s.  I haven't tried it, but I
think it only allows a single registration at a time.

Currently yes.  Its also using the venerable Jabber::Connection library.

Phycon (a buddy of mine) talks [2] about XMPP transports as 'hat
racks' - providing the user the ability to login to many other xmpp
accounts via a transport.  (Very similar to how the pyirct transport
allows you to login to many irc networks at once)

Huh. Thats actually quite cool overloading the '^' character to seperate the destination JID from the proxied JID. Putting on my security hat though, it exposes the proxied JID to view in the routing information, which is not good if you are running over a hostile network. This can be worked around by also allowing an internal gateway identifier.

Ok, one new version of xmppgateway coming up.

--
  Bruce Campbell