On 5/23/06, Daniel Dura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Unfortunately, that doesn't fit our use case. We are using XMPP as the
communications layer for our application and want people to be able to login
to their GTalk account and see their GTalk contacts using our client (as
well as other protocols.) It definitely goes against the general move
towards trying to federate networks and jumps back to the old style gateway,
but it works for our use cases.

Perhaps I'm confused and don't fully understand what you are trying to
do?  You can do this now using most XMPP clients right now.  If I were
to login to talk.google.com with Psi, then add some Yahoo contacts via
some external gateway server, then go back to Gtalk, those new
contacts would be there...

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:[EMAIL PROTECTED]