On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Igor Goryachev wrote:

> Could you please explain this moment a bit wider? It might be important
> for me.

It's from control theory. In an open loop control system I just send the
system messages to tell it how to behave, whereas in a closed loop system
I get messages back so I can check that it's doing what I want. Think of
the difference between a simple mixer tap and a thermostatic mixer.

Open loop:

  | Me | --- message ---> | You |

Closed loop: