[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I see the need for your feature requests.
>
> I presume if users go through any provisioning steps to register an
> account with your service than that would be one place for such a
> disclaimer.

> If you permit in-band account registration, the welcome message could be
> another place.

He specifically said that this is not what he wants. He expects a banner
that you read _before_ you use the service. Yes, even before you
register/authorize.

> If you need to remind the user on each subsequent login, then perhaps an
> attribute to the stream opening exchanges might contain a URL to the
> policy of the server ?
>
> Will you be federating your server  ?
>
> Should the generic requirement for a banner/disclaimer like service also
> apply to a user who is federating to a remote server ?

Interesting point. I think of this banner as a local service
description, but it might make sense to notify user X at company1 that
the company2 server he just starts to send messages to logs everything etc.

>  In the email domain this has usually been done with signatures in each
> message ( the end users will never see the SMTP S2S connection) - and in
> case of AOL etc across company boundaries the remote company if they are
> logging my messages sends a disclaimer (in-band) at the start of each
> session with one of their employees.

Please - don't mix banners with braindead and completely useless eMail
signatures.. These disclaimers you are probably talking about are
largely deemed irrelevant and I've yet to find one that really contains
anything worth the bandwidth.

Ben