Peter Saint-Andre schreef:
Sander Devrieze wrote:

I think a list with *active* XMPP server projects (and lists of clients
and libraries!) would be a great thing to add on the xmpp.* website. In
that way people for example easilty can see that jabberd14 is still an
active project and not replaced by jabberd2.

Why not just list them here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jabber_server_software

Wikipedia has relatively open standards, good page history, and will
receive wide review from the Internet community.

Because the Wikipedia isn't suited for the list I have in mind:
* Not possible to do activity testing.
* Not possible to add contact information because it is no encyopedia-like content.
* Not possible to formalise the process.
* Not possible to advertise abandonned projects to people that might want to take over maintainership.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.