This is possible. My way to test this would be to use another client (ie. Psi) and see if the server is giving the same response.

-Chris

On May 21, 2007, at 7:13 PM, Srikrishna Das wrote:

Hey Chris,

Can it be that the ICQ transport component did understand the query and has also sent the replies but.. the icq client is not able to catch it or understand the presence notification?

I am not sure, its just a guess. :P

On 5/21/07, Chris Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Eugeny,

See below for comments:

> Then I request registration information
>
> <iq to="icq.my.domain.com" from=" [EMAIL PROTECTED]/Feridian"
> id="icq1" type="get"><query xmlns="jabber:iq:register"/></iq>
>
> <iq from='icq.my.domain.com ' to='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Feridian'
> id='icq1' type='result'><query
> xmlns='jabber:iq:register'><instructions>Please
> type your ICQ user id number into the username field and your
> password.</instructions><username>123456789</username><password/

This shows that your transport account has the necessary registration
information.  Double check to make sure that the account username and
password that you stored is correct.

> And finally I'm trying to send presence (login into) transport:
>
> <presence to="icq.my.domain.com" from="[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Feridian"
>
> but I don't get any response!
>
> In case if I send broadcast presence packet, transport responds
> with online
> status.
>
> What do I miss here?

This is how I think XMPP transports work:

XMPP Presence                         Transport Presence
-------------------------
---------------------------------
Online                                           Online
Offline                                           Offline
Away                                             Away
......                                                 ........

When you set your global presence (ie. sending "available" presence
for your xmpp account), xmpp server will normally log you into all
the registered transports.  From what I remember, the gateways'
presence statuses are in sync with your xmpp account.  I don't
believe that gateway transports can have statuses that are different
from your XMPP account status.  However, I am not quite so sure about
this.

It's quite possible that gateway components might add support to
respond to direct queries such as the one you sent above.  But given
that you didn't get any acknowledgements, I take it that the ICQ
transport component didn't understand your query and silently ignored
it.  If you want, maybe you can take a look at the transport's source
code to see if status change queries are supported.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish!