Hey,

If you know the language that your server is written in you could catch
all the presence notifications before sending them on and store them
locally (in your database etc.).

However, what you are asking kinda doesn't make sense. If you never get
a presence notification from a contact, they *are* offline (if you
notice, while your client is connecting to a Jabber server all your
contacts briefly show as offline), unless you are not subscribed to
them, in which case you would never know anyway.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
 Jonathan Dickinson

--
Jonathan Dickinson
Developer [Xeer Technology]

email:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
jabber:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
twitter:    Moitoius

Principle will kick us all in the butt one day. If you have principle,
you have all you will ever need.