Hi Jonathan,

I will explain the situation ( in my student project):

"My" Company A has many partner companies (say many thousands) and each
partner company has many tausend employees.
Each partner company has a presence server, the clients are the employees.
those employees/clients are my business parterns.

For many business processes in my company I need purpose cooperation the
presence information of the employees of my partner companies, aka. the
clients of their presence servers.

Because I have many different business processes in my company that need
the presence information of each my business partners, it will be more
efficient, when I have in my company a Database with the actual presence
information of the business partners.

At least these 3 scenarios are theoretically possible:

1. I have a "special" client, that is subscribed to all my business
partners. So I can write a program, who cathes the presence information
from my special client and saves it in my database.

2. I have a "special presence server", who gets the presence information
directly from the presence servers of my partner companies und saves it in
my database.

3. I write a special server extension to each presence server type of my
partner companies. this extension "logs" the presence information of my
business parterns and sends it my database.

Maybe there are other possible scenarios. But which ones of those 3
scenarios are possible in practice. Is there another possible scenarios
other than mine.

summarization: Say Yahoo and Google are my bussiness partners. I need in my
company a Database with the actual presence information of their users.

Thank you in Advance for your Effort.
Koder