I'd rather see:

<message to='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/work' type='chat'>
  <thread>ee2944c6</thread>
  <x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/svgwb'>
     <image x='32.0' y='32.0'
          xlink:href='xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/coci?sipub=pub0123'
          id='158229644' width='128' height='128'>
     </image>
  </x>
  <sipub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/si-pub'
      id='publish-0123'
      mime-type='image/png'
      profile='http://jabber.org/protocol/si/profile/file-transfer'>
    <file xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/si/profile/file-transfer'
          name='blender.png'
          size='12582'
          date='2004-01-28T10:07Z'>
      <desc>All Shakespearean characters must sign and return this NDA
ASAP</desc>
    </file>
  </sipub>
</message>

and then the start/starting/si as defined in the si-pub xep.

Is there a particular reason to use sipub instead of start/starting?

(Except for tying the sipub id to the si sid, which if you want to do, then
let's rather see if we can change the xep to ask for that, instead of
creating brand new elements.  You should be able to track them via your iq's
id anyways).

Norman

--
- Norman Rasmussen