Norman Rasmussen:
On 9/27/07, Mats Bengtsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> While I was trying to implement the SVG graphics model in my whiteboard
> I was getting problems with elements that have an external reference.
> In short, SVG images typically have a xlink:href attribute with a HTTP
> link which wont work in a XMPP environment with p2p interaction due to
> NATs, firewalls etc. A typical SVG image element looks like:
>
> <image x='32.0' y='32.0'
>        xlink:href='http://192.168.0.3:8077/blender.png'
>        id='158229644' width='128' height='128'/>
>
> Putting an ibb element as a child is not an option.

It should be the same as
http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/XHTML_Inband_Images surely?

Somewhat similar but the sipub doesn't offer any streams.
Instead it has a xmpp specifying the sipub id attribute.
It says: "From that a client could then use the protocol defined in SI-PUB to
retrieve the image."
but doesn't say how. Anyhow, some kind of xmpp uri that references a sipub id would be a great idea.
Perhaps this could initiate a "normal" si/filetransfer. Details need to be
thought out.

/Mats