More questions have popped up from reading the privacy extension doc at
http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0016.html.

> When a client updates a privacy list, it must include all of the desired
> items (i.e., not a "delta").

My reading of this is when I want to allow or deny a single person I have
send my entire list or my list will just be reduced to that single person.
Could that possibly be correct?

And one thing I need to do is to allow a client to block users not on their
roster from seeing their presence. My understanding of the sequence of
events to make this happen is:
1. Get privacy lists.
2. See if my "default" privacy list exists.
3. If it doesn't exist then create it. Set that list as the default list. I
only have to do that once for ever and ever.
4. To allow or deny a client then resend the entire list with allow or deny
for the presence-out.

Sound about right?

thanks